The Medical Home Portal aims to provide ready access to reliable and useful information for professionals and families to help them care and advocate for children with special health care need.
PWSA of WI, Inc. reaches out in a variety of ways, including:
- The Wisconsin Connection, a quarterly newsletter, keeps members informed and updated on issues related to persons with disabilities as well as specific issues related to Prader-Willi Syndrome.
- Camp Scholarships and Financial Assistance. Every year, the Board of PWSA of WI, Inc. sets aside funds to assist children and adults with Prader-Willi syndrome so that they can attend summer camp. These camping experiences provide a time of fun and adventure for the camper as well as a time of respite for parents and caregivers.
- Annual Social Events and Support Meetings for parents of children with PWS in communities across the State of Wisconsin, where the nutritional and behavioral needs of persons with PWS are carefully considered and addressed.
- The PWSA-WI Board of Directors meets three times per year. Meetings are open to all members who wish to attend. Please contact the Program Director for more information.
- Membership Scholarships – We offer our services to all. We request a membership registration so that we send information only to those who wish to receive our mailings. Our membership dues help to support the publishing and mailing of our newsletter as well as other informational handouts. No one is denied a membership. Scholarships are available to those who request one.
- General Assistance – The Board of Directors allocates funds to assist persons with Prader-Willi syndrome as well as those who support them in areas that help them manage some of the extra costs they incur because of their disability. In addition, the Board provides funds for families to attend conferences or other workshops, for respite, home modifications or other requests. Unfortunately, because our funding is limited, we are not able to approve all requests our organization receives.
- Workshop or Conference Scholarships – Every year, PWSA of WI, Inc. sponsors a social and/or workshop for persons with Prader-Willi syndrome as well as families and others who support them. Scholarships are always available for those in need.
Resources listed on this website are provided for informational purposes only. PWSA of Wisconsin, Inc. does not endorse any particular therapy or provider. Be sure to talk with a trusted physician about what interventions and approaches are most appropriate for your child or person with PWS in your care. If you have questions regarding issues that are not addressed here, contact the PWSA of WI, Inc. office via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or the toll free number: 1-866-797-2947