Services… to Those in Need
PWSA of WI, Inc. reaches out in a variety of ways, including:
- The Wisconsin Connection, a quarterly newsletter, keeps members informed and updated on issues related to persons with disabilities as well as specific issues related to Prader-Willi Syndrome.
- Camp Scholarships and Financial Assistance. Every year, the Board of PWSA of WI, Inc. sets aside funds to assist children and adults with Prader-Willi syndrome so that they can attend summer camp. These camping experiences provide a time of fun and adventure for the camper as well as a time of respite for parents and caregivers.
- Phone assistance – connecting you to a person who has a clear understanding of PWS and your needs. Call our office at 1-920-733-3077.
- Annual Social Events and Support Meetings for caregivers of children and adults with PWS in communities across the State of Wisconsin, where the nutritional and behavioral needs of persons with PWS are carefully considered and addressed.
- The PWSA-WI Board of Directors meets three times per year. Meetings are open to all members who wish to attend. Please contact the Program Director for more information.
- Membership Scholarships – We offer our services to all. We request a membership registration so that we send information only to those who wish to receive our mailings. We ask that you update your contact information with our office once a year so we can get ensure our information gets to you.
- General Assistance – The Board of Directors allocates funds to assist persons with Prader-Willi syndrome as well as those who support them in areas that help them manage some of the extra costs they may incur because of their disability. In addition, the Board provides funds for families to attend conferences or other workshops, for respite, home modifications or other requests. Unfortunately, because our funding is limited, we are not able to approve all requests our organization receives.
Informational Packets: Contact the office if you are interested in getting one of these informational packets.
- Packets of Hope – This is a packet of information for families of individuals with a new diagnosis of Prader-Willi syndrome. It includes information to share with extended family about PWS.
- Education Packets for Educators – This is information for families who are meeting with personnel from the schools to share information about Prader-Willi syndrome and how it is specific to their child or family member.
- Health Packets for Health Care Providers – This information is for your health care team working with your loved one with PWS. It provides resources and information about some of the unique health characteristics that persons with PWS may present with.
- Workshop or Conference Scholarships – Every year, PWSA of WI, Inc. sponsors a social and/or workshop for persons with Prader-Willi syndrome as well as families and others who support them. Scholarships are always available for those in need.
PWSA of WI, Inc. provides cost-effective, time-efficient measures to support, educate and advocate for persons with PWS and all who support them across the State of Wisconsin. Our work includes:
- Connecting families and professionals to resources in their communities and providing consultative and educational services as needed
- Advocating for persons with PWS by participating in residential, educational and other planning and team meetings
- Organizing parent and professional workshops and training