- 1 lb raw shrimp, about 35 shrimp total
- 1 lb bay scallops
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Serrano peppers, steamed and seeded
- 3 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp minced ginger root
- 1 tsp salt
- Thoroughly wash shellfish before preparing.
- In a large pot, bring a good amount of water to a boil. Add shrimp and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook 1 to 2 minutes until shrimp are opaque.
- Add scallops and cook for 1 to 2 minutes until opaque.
- Remove shellfish from water and put on ice. Let stand until cooled.
- Strain shellfish and slice into small pieces.
- Whisk together coconut milk, lime juice, peppers, cilantro, salt and ginger. Toss together with shrimp and scallops.
- Wrap everything with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 6 hours, or until shellfish is thoroughly marinated. Serve cold.
Nutritional Information per Serving
3 g Carbohydrates
0.5 g Fiber
0.5 g Sugars
5.8 g Fat
13.3 g Protein
334 mg Sodium