California Grilled Chicken
3/4 c. balsamic vinegar
1 tsp. garlic powder
2 tbsp. honey
2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
2 tsp. Italian seasoning
Freshly ground black pepper
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
4 slices mozzarella
4 slices avocado
4 slices tomato
2 tbsp. sliced basil
Balsamic glaze, for drizzling
- In a small bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, honey, oil, and Italian seasoning and season with salt and pepper. Pour over chicken breasts and marinate 20 minutes.
- Heat grill to medium high. Grill chicken until internal temperature reaches 170ºF on an instant-read thermometer.
- Top chicken with mozzarella, avocado, and tomato and cover grill to melt, 2 minutes.
- Garnish with basil and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
Recipe Taken from delish.com
All Rights Reserved
Mesquite Grilled Turkey Burgers
Ingredients (4 burgers)
For the burger patties
- 20 oz ground turkey
- 1/4 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 3 Tbsp finely diced roasted red bell pepper
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped flat leaf parsley or cilantro
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped shiitake mushroom
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 whole wheat burger buns
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- Thin sliced lettuce, tomato, and red onion
- Mix together all patty ingredients until thoroughly blended. Divide into 4 equal balls and form into patties (roughly 1/3rd lb each) about 3/4" thick and 4-5 inches in diameter. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat a charcoal grill to 400f (medium high). It should be at this heat for at least 5 minutes prior to grilling to get your grates pre-heated. Immediately prior to grilling, add 4-5 Kingsford Smokehouse Style Mesquite Briquetes or 1/2 cup of mesquite wood chips.
- Grill the burgers until the bottom cooks through and juices start to pool on top of the patties, about 5 minutes. (Note: I rotate my patties 1/4 turn at 3 minutes to get a cross hatch pattern.)
- Flip and cook until the patties reach an internal temperature of 165f, about 3-5 minutes. Top with a slice of pepper jack cheese in the last minute or two.
- Remove and rest on a raised rack and meanwhile toast your buns on the grill.
- Assemble the burgers with lettuce, tomato, avocado, and red onion.
Recipe originally appeared on Nibblemethis.com.